Clara Barton Missing Soldiers Office Visitor Services Assistant Job Description
Position Title: Visitor Services Assistant Clara Barton Missing Soldiers Office [CBMSO]
Department: Guest Services
Reports to: Director of Interpretation
Salary Range: $13.25 per hour
Assists with the interpretive services, visitor services, and daily operations for the Clara Barton Missing Soldiers Office – Part-time position from Thursday through Sunday
Essential Job Functions:
Assists with daily operations and visitor services at CBMSO including but not limited to:
- Greeting visitors and providing positive experience of CBMSO
- Answering questions and providing information to visitors
- Conducting tours of exhibits and the property
- Ability to accurately use a POS system
- Making accurate opening and closing cash counts and reports as needed
- Opening and closing/alarming facility
- Routine housekeeping in public and staff only areas of the facility
- Reports all relevant issues and incidents to the supervisor
- Provide logistical and on the ground event support, including evening and weekend events
- Additional duties as assigned by the Director of Interpretation or Executive Director
- Must be available to work select nights, weekends, and holidays at the Clara Barton Missing Soldiers Office Museum
Essential Job Requirements:
EDUCATION- Bachelor’s degree or currently enrolled in college program
EXPERIENCE- Experience working in education, public service, or retail.
REQUIRED SKILLS- Possession of strong interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to provide outstanding customer service. Ability to accurately retail point of sales system.
PREFERRED SKILLS- Ability to interact with diverse audiences, age groups and learning styles. Knowledge of American Civil War history. Experience working with point of sale systems.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS- Ability to handle frequent movement in small spaces with low lighting levels while talking. Building is accessible. Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
If you are interested in applying, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org